Monday, April 19, 2010

Observation

Isolating myself in the corner of a usually over crowded courtyard nearing the canteen, I found myself listening and viewing nearby action in depth. Things that I would normally pass by, oblivious to my surroundings.
As I stare across into the distance, my eyes are encountered by many appealing, and not so appealing images. Some of the not so appealing involving Rebecca and James practicing their love for one another at a table near by. Thanks guys.
The sound accompanying these images is limited. There is little to no noise surrounding my location, apart from the slight chatter produced by Bec and the rustle of the leaves in the trees above.
This 'peaceful' 10 minutes played out identically second after second, hardly changing. This proceeded until a sharp noise had broken my silence with about 8 minutes to spare. A group of very annoying and small minor birds had perched themselves on the branches stretching out across the roof of the area.
For the next 8, painful minutes, the birds had obviously became the most dominant sounds which I would assume were irritating more people than myself (which was later confirmed when Rebecca threw a stone to the trees, followed by an abusive murmur of words)
Time was up. Back to class.

2 comments: